Windows 8 is the new addition to series of Windows operating system developed by Microsoft for use on computers including home and business desktops, laptops, tablets, etc. Windows 8 have added significant changes to the operating system's platform, primarily focusing towards mobile devices like tablets. Windows 8 has come up with sophisticated features like speedy boot time, innovative and dynamic desktop, improved search function, Windows to go and Windows live syncing and lot more. Another important fact is that the Microsoft has introduced a new file system with Windows 8 called ReFS (Resilient File System), to exceed the way beyond the limitations of NTFS and FAT32 file systems. ReFS is built on top of the existing NTFS, but is designed with new features to prevent data corruption, isolating corrupt data and for keeping data safe and intact. These features have made Windows 8 as new technology invention in history of computer operating systems. Usually hard drive is separated into different logical units called partitions for effective management of data. But there are situations, where you may end up deleting or losing partitions on Windows 8 PC and suffer from loss of huge amount of data.
Losing partition on Windows 8 could be really nightmare to those who have recently installed Windows 8 operating system on their computers to experience its advantages over earlier versions of OS. It can badly trouble if your vital data stored on partition is lost or inaccessible due a number of causes. However, you don't have to worry now!!! The good news is that there are many recovery partition tools available over the internet to resolve your problem. Thinking which one to select..? Don't look further, here is a wonderful tool named Windows partition recovery that is highly appreciated and recommended by industry experts to recover partitions on Windows PC. Windows partition recovery is the safe and non destructive tool that rescues and recovers data from deleted/lost partitions on Windows 8.
Common Scenarios accountable for partition loss on Windows 8 OS are:
- Master Boot Record (MBR) corruption: MBR is the main data structure element on the hard disk that identifies how and where the operating system is located so that it can be loaded onto computers main storage during booting of the system. If MBR gets corrupted due to dangerous viruses, repeated power outages or overwriting of the MBR code with some application data, then you might have to face the loss of partition from hard drive or entire data on hard disk becomes inaccessible on account of MBR corruption.
- During conversion of partition from dynamic o basic disk: There are possibilities of losing partition when you accidentally convert your partition from dynamic to basic disk. You can convert partition from basic to dynamic without losing data. But, same is not possible if you want to change partition from dynamic to basic disk; in such process all partitions created on dynamic disk are deleted resulting in data loss.
- Human Errors: Windows Disk Management Utility is used to create, delete or format the existing partitions on hard drive. You might have accidentally deleted an important partition while performing some function on it or repartitioning hard drive and end up losing data. In such critical condition, you have to relay some powerful program like partition recovery, to resolve your worry about how to restore a lost partition from hard drive on Windows 8 OS.
- Corruption of hard drive: Data stored on hard drive partitions becomes inaccessible when hard drive gets corrupted. There are many causes for corruption of hard drive like dangerous virus attacks, improper system shutdown, frequent power outages, system errors, hard drive crash, OS failures, partition table corruption, corrupted registry file, errors during partitioning hard drive, etc. It is very necessary to restore the partition into healthy condition using Windows partition recovery tool to protect your data from getting permanently deleted. This tool will also help you to recover data from damaged laptop hard drive partition on Windows 8 OS.
Main highlights of Windows partition recovery software
- It is designed with advanced scan engine to recover deleted, lost or missing partitions from hard drive due to any of the above mentioned causes.
- You can use this tool to recover ReFS, NTFS, NTFS5 and ExFAT partitions on Windows 8 operating system
- It also supports recovery partition of RAID0, RAID1 and RAID5 which are formatted, deleted or lost.
- You can perform lost partition data recovery from formatted Iomega hard drive and is capable of restoring data after loss or deletion of partitions from hard drive, which is manufactured by Seagate, Samsung, Maxtor, Western Digital, Hitachi, Toshiba, Maxtor and other popular brands.
- It can identify and recover up to 300 file types like documents, spreadsheets, email archives, Zip archives and other important file types using their signature search.
- It is also possible to recover data from Toshiba external hard drive and other removable storage devices manufactured by various brands.
- You can also undelete partition from external hard drive and laptop hard drives on major operating system of Windows.
- You can use this tool to get back corrupt partition data from SATA / SCSI / IDE hard drives and external hard drives.
- With the help of this tool, you can even retrieve formatted partition data after re-installing operating system or other cause on Windows 7, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
- The Mac version of the software is also available which helps recovering data in critical scenarios. You can restore lost volume on Mac using the software easily.
- This tool is also capable enough to recover data from unmountable partitions from your Mac computer in an effective manner. To know how, visit here: http://www.partitionsrecovery.com/data-from-unmountable.html
Steps to recovery partition from hard drive on Windows 8:
1: Download the trial version of Windows partition recovery software and and install it on your Windows 8 computer. Just after installing the software, welcome window will appear asking you to select one option among three. Select "Recover Partitions / Drives".
Figure A: Welcome Window
2: Select "Partition Recovery" option from the next display screen. Select the hard drive that from which you want to recover lost partition from the list of identified drives and then click "Next" button to start scanning of hard drive as shown in Figure B
Figure B: Select Hard Drive
3: Once the scanning is completed, the partition recovery software will display list of partitions that have been found. Select appropriate partition, which you want to recover, then click "Next" button as shown in Figure C
Figure C: List of Found Partition
4: In next step, it will start scanning process to retrieve data from deleted, lost or missing partition and it will show you list of recovered files as shown in Figure D.
Figure D: Recovered Files